See below for presentation material from parent meetings and information nights.
The High School Experience: GATE student choices within
- programming choices
- key features of GATE
- why IB?
- IB & AP
January 17th – IB Information Session (virtual) – 7PM
January 26th – Open House (general, in-person) – 6-8PM
COVID-19: What do our gifted kids need?
Setting your child up for success
– presented by Laurie Alisat, PhD – June 10, 2021
The following is the recorded video from the June 10th presentation, “COVID: What do our gifted kids need?”
– presented by psychologist and co-founder of Affinity Psychology Group, Amy Shaw – November 2020
What is resilience, and how is it earned? How can parents help their junior high and high school students to increase their own resilience?
– presented by Louis Riel teachers, Mark Stranzinger and Roxanne Evans – January 2020
Learn the note taking, studying, and test taking skills that will help your child succeed.
Executive Functioning — Getting it together for work, play, and living
– Expert Session by gifted educator, Dr. Laurie Alisat – September 24, 2019
“When gifted individuals struggle with executive functioning, many aspects of their lives can be impacted. It may be challenging to start, track, and complete tasks, which in turn affects personal wellness, relationships, and accomplishment. We will discuss what we mean by executive functioning, what it looks like, and strategies to support individuals.”
Gifted and Underachievement
– Presentation by Dr. Laurie Alisat at Queen Elizabeth High School, January 2017
Perfectionism, anxiety, and depression in gifted learners
– Presentation by Dr. Laurie Alisat, November 2015